- Faculty – Agriculture – Other
- Faculty – Business – Other Business
- Faculty – Communications – Other Communications
- Faculty – Education – Other Education (study of)
- Faculty – Engineering – Other Engineering
- Faculty – Fine and Applied Arts – Other Fine & Applied Arts
- Faculty – Health – Other Health Faculty
- Faculty – Liberal Arts – Other Liberal Arts
- Faculty – Science – Other Science
112160, 104280, 121140, 101120
Academic Support Service Provost
Excellence in teaching, research/creative activities, and service is expected for all positions. MTSU seeks candidates committed to using integrative technologies in teaching.
Middle Tennessee State University announces the availability of the Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship Program. The purpose of the Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship Program is to enhance diversity in research, teaching, and service at MTSU through the recruitment of underrepresented minority graduate students from across the country who are completing dissertation research.
Fellows will teach one course each semester in an area related to their academic preparation and a need of the department hosting the fellow. Fellows will be expected to devote significant time to the completion of the dissertation. Fellows will also work with a faculty mentor and will be involved with co-curricular activities including the university’s cultural diversity initiatives.
Fellows will receive fiscal year faculty appointments (August 1 – July 31) and will be eligible for benefits including health insurance. Salary is $30,000. Fellows must be eligible for employment. Additionally, fellows will receive support for research, professional travel, and other related expenses. It is expected that fellows will not be employed outside of the University or receive additional fellowships or awards during the fellowship period unless approved by the University.
Fellows must be dissertation stage doctoral degree candidates studying in a field taught at MTSU.
Candidates in disciplines in which minorities are traditionally underrepresented, and who have a willingness to participate in MTSU’s diversity initiatives will receive special consideration.
Salary and Benefits:
Annual salary of $30,000. Additionally, MTSU provides its employees with a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Health, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings programs that include your choice of two plans as well as three deferred compensation savings plans
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Programs
- Sick leave
- Optional or voluntary benefits, including a flexible spending account, long-term disability, long-term care insurance, and cancer and intensive care insurance
Special Instructions to Applicants:
If you need assistance in applying please contact Faculty Recruitment Specialist at 615-898-5128.
If you have position specific questions, please contact Ms. Janice Lewis at Janice.Lewis@mtsu.edu.
Application Procedures: To apply for this open position, go to https://mtsujobs.mtsu.edu and follow the instructions on how to complete an application, attach the below documents, and submit your application online:
1. A cover letter
2. A vitae (showing experience/understanding of diversity issues in higher education)
3. A proposed plan for completion of dissertation, provide a two-page abstract of the dissertation and include proposed timeline for completion, showing milestones as ‘Other Documents’.
During your application process, you will be required to provide names and contact information for three letters of recommendation. Please note that one MUST be from the dissertation adviser. Our online hiring system will automatically generate solicitation for these letters using the contact information provided.
Applicants should also submit the following electronic/hard copy materials: 1) Official transcripts (not issued to student) of all college degrees, and 2) Verification of doctoral candidacy.
Please mail to:
Underrepresented Minority Dissertation Fellowship Program
Office of Academic Affairs
Cope Administration Building, Rm. 111
Middle Tennessee State University
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
Applications received by posted Review Date will receive full consideration. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU available at http://www.mtsu.edu/police/annual-security-report.php or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
MTSU is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus. Any candidate offered this position will be required to pass a pre-employment background check.