Call for Book Chapter Proposals
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2015
I am working on a book that features a variety of viewpoints on popular culture in and about Africa.
Topics of particularly interest for chapters include, but are not limited to:
* Impact of Western news and/or entertainment media representations of Africa and/or African responses to Western media representation
* Comparative approaches to African and other cultures
* Technology use in Africa
* Impact of social media on life in Africa, especially in establishing connections between those in Africa and those on other continents
* Impact of (popular) culture on politics in Africa and politics of Africa in other places
* Approaches to tourism and/or urbanization and culture in Africa
* Film and/or literary analysis connecting Africa and popular works in other places
You may submit a book chapter proposal with an abstract, thesis and author details or a completed chapter draft. If you are submitting a proposal, it is recommended that you provide links to or attachments of other work. Proposal submissions are preferred. Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a collegial process, so please to not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about submissions. I can be reached at email@example.com.
Amy E. Harth
Midwest Popular Culture Association, African Studies Area Chair
Union Institute & University, Ph.D. Program in Interdisciplinary Studies