COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS OF TENNESSEE (MEMPHIS)
Posted Date: OCTOBER 28, 2015
The Development Assistant works in collaboration with the Affiliate Director and Statewide Director of Resource Development on the daily activities associated with the planning and coordinating of development activities, special events and external communications designed to raise funds, awareness, and support for the organization. The Development Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Affiliate Director and Program Managers in execution of CISTN at Memphis mission, services, and programs. In addition, this role will provide support to the state office (headquartered in Nashville) and will work with the Director of Resource Development on tasks related to marketing and development.
Support the daily activities associated with the Affiliate’s development and marketing plan
- Work effectively with the Affiliate Director to organize and manage Affiliate events, and support Program Managers/Site Coordinators with school based events.
- Design promotional materials and invitations for special events including website promotion in collaboration with the Affiliate Director and Director of Resource Development.
- Create content and copy for event-related web pages (in accordance with State and National Branding Standards) and monitor these web pages to insure content remains current.
- Create and supervise social media outreach (in accordance with State and National Branding Standards).
- Deliver content via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, email, or direct mail.
- Create documents such as Power Points and other materials with input of the Affiliate Director and her designee(s).
- Coordinate and deliver email campaigns.
- Represent the agency at community events as needed.
- Manage tasks duties associated with Board Meetings as well as logistics and organization of these meetings (must be able to take detailed minutes with accuracy and professional grammar).
- College degree required; experience in Communications/PR, planning, coordinating and executing non-profit events preferred, prior fundraising experience preferred;
- Superior organizational ability and customer service as well as exemplary communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task, working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment;
- Local travel required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Qualified applicants may submit cover letter and resume (with salary requirements) via email only to:
Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org