The My Home, My Voice Fellowship seeks 5 Blogging Fellows to participate in a new year-long writing/blogging initiative. The goal of this initiative is to help develop voices of leadership in rural America, and especially to support them in giving voice to the experience of accessing reproductive health in their communities. Our vision is to help create a voice on rural women’s health access that comes from rural voices themselves.
During the 12 months of the Fellowship, the Fellows will:
- Produce at least 4 blog pieces/articles, at least one of which will discuss rural access to reproductive health and abortion. These pieces can be of varying structures (e.g. narrative, analytical, persuasive, image-based) and of varying length;
- Attend a meeting at the Highlander Institute, where they will receive training from the The Op-Ed Project (training to be held from February 22-24, 2016);
- Participate in quarterly online discussions with other fellows and the fellowship coordinator;
- Receive ongoing editing and blog placement support for their pieces;
- Receive one individual session from an independent, professional coach to identify a personal goal for your Fellowship and align this with the Fellowship activities;
- Attend two webinars introducing the Fellows and their work to colleagues in social justice;
- Receive support in identifying and attending a state- or national- level conference or meeting that supports their development as social justice leading voices in rural communities;
- Attend the Provideannual meeting to meet the Provide team;
- Receive a $1,000 stipend
Application Deadline (EXTENDED!): October 31, 2015.
To Apply: Send a cover letter that explains your experience as a rural American and why you think you can and would like to be a leading voice on the topic of reproductive health and social justice in rural America; please be sure to tell us why your perspective is unique. Send 2 relevant writing samples – links if they are published online, attachments if not. Please include a resume with a list of publications. Please send complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who should apply: We encourage applications from rural residents in the US from anywhere in the country. Our goal is to create voices of leadership, if you do not have a history of blogging or haven’t had a large audience, we strongly encourage you to apply if the topic of reproductive health in rural spaces is important to you. We are interested in a multitude of perspectives and welcome applicants of any race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, and sexual orientation.