Elegant keynote luncheons and networking breakfasts are included in the registration fee as is a Welcome Gala on Friday night. (It was sponsored by Blurb, Inc. for 2015.) All attendees get a commemorative bag filled with writing goodies!
Book signings, exhibit booths with new services and advice for writers, and social gatherings with other writers add to the excitement of the event. No other writing conference offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals. After-hours hosted open mics, poetry happenings, and pitch contests? You bet. Don’t want to eat dinner alone? There is a no-host dinner every night from Wednesday to Sunday at a different San Francisco restaurant. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
From start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer. Please join us for this world-class event.
Can’t believe the SFWC is really this good? Check out Carla King’s PBS MediaShift articles about what you will learn and the self-publishing leaders you will meet the San Francisco Writers Conference! 2015 article 2013 article and 2012 article
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the 2016 San Francisco Writers Conference
- Launch your writing career–or take it to a more professional level–with direction from bestselling authors and publishing experts.
- Choose from a schedule of workshops, panels and sessions that fit your specific writing needs and goals.
- Get your questions answered at the Ask-a-Pro session featuring New York and California editors…included in your registration fee.
- Go to Speed Dating for Agents – Pitch your book ideas one-on-one in a room full of literary agents ($60 option for registered attendees only)
- Receive free feedback on your work from freelance book editors.
- Build your personal writing community at the Cafe Ferlinghetti with writers from all over the country…and foreign countries, too.
- Talk with exhibitors and find out what’s new for writers.
- Browse our onsite bookstore (produced by BookShop West Portal) and you can get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- Jump into pitch contests, “Open Mic” readings, and socialize at our Gala Welcome party. This is just a sampling of SFWC’s over-the-top networking opportunities during the event.
- Stay awhile longer with our optional in-depth Pre Conference classes on Thursday, February 11th and Post Conference classes on Monday, February 15th to increase the value of the conference even more.
The MAIN CONFERENCE registration fee includes four days of sessions including Ask-A-Pro & keynotes, two breakfasts/two lunches, a Welcome Gala on Friday evening, Presenter Book Signing event on Saturday, unlimited networking, and more! Speed Dating with Agents is optional ($60). Transportation, accommodations, and incidentals are not included.
Optional Pre & Post Event In-Depth Writing Classes on Thursday, February 11th in the evening and all day Monday, February 15th taught by some of our favorite presenters. Classes will be announced first in the SFWC Newsletter.
Get your free SFWC Newsletter subscription by using the opt-in box at the top of the column on the right on the website….