With the holidays upon us, we wanted to send you all a quick reminder on Union Institute & University office hours and deadlines for refunds of excess Title IV funds:
- Cincinnati offices, including the Business Office and Financial Aid, will be closed from 12/23/2011 through 1/2/2012. The offices will reopen on 1/3/2012. Of course, we will be relocating the Cohort Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Studies office to the Marriott Kingsgate, and you can find us there beginning on 1/2/2012!
- In order to receive a refund of excess Title IV funds in time for/during the holidays:
- Eligible students need to be registered for classes by 12/1/2011.
- Eligible students need to sign up for ACH by 12/16/2011, if they are not already signed up. You can read more about ACH and sign up here: http://www.myunion.edu/administration/offices/business-office/refunds.html.
- There will be no paper checks issued after 12/21/2011. If you are not on ACH, then your refund will not be processed until the next check run on 1/4/2012.
- Requests for wires and non-Title IV refunds must be submitted to the Business Office by noon (Eastern Time) on Friday, December 16, 2011. Requests received after this time will be processed on 1/4/2012.
- Please note that ACH and wires are not the same thing. Typically wires require a different ABA routing number than what is used for ACH (you would need to contact their bank for specific wire information). There is a $20 fee for wires and the funds arrive at your bank within 24 hours (please note the word “arrive” and not “deposited” – Once the funds are received, it is up to the individual bank as to when they are actually “deposited” to your bank account – different banks have different policies). There is no fee for ACH, and those funds arrive at your bank within 2 days.
If you have any questions about financial matters, please contact the business office at 800-486-3116, ext. 1095.