Miami University, a student-centered public university committed to the active engagement of students in both curricular and co-curricular life, seeks applications for the position of Director of the Harry T. Wilks Leadership Institute.
Founded in 1809, Miami is a forward-looking learning institution that strives to create an exceptional education for tomorrow’s university students. It is deeply committed to student success, empowering its students to become engaged citizens and leaders who use their knowledge and skills with integrity and compassion to improve the future of our global society. We seek to appoint a progressive and visionary individual who will help make Miami University one of the top leadership schools in the nation, graduating students who will be effective leaders in their professions and in civic life, from local to global communities.
The Institute, endowed by Miami alumnus Harry T. Wilks, is designed to serve as a focal point for campus-wide academic and co-curricular leadership programs that prepare students to be transformational leaders in a changing world. Activities specific to the Wilks Leadership Institute include academic coursework, a lecture series, and a co-curricular leadership academy, which fuse theory and practice to enhance the engaged learning experience.
The Harry T. Wilks Leadership Institute is one of several endowed programs dedicated to leadership learning at Miami University. The Director will work collaboratively with other programs to achieve synergy in the delivery of broad, substantive, and innovative leadership programs.
Required qualifications include the following:
1) Extensive knowledge of leadership theory and practice and demonstrated teaching skill.
2) Experience in facilitating leadership programs and activities.
3) Demonstrated ability to administer and manage programs.
4) Commitment to advancing diversity on campus.
5) Excellent communication skills.
6) Master’s degree and five to seven years experience in leadership-related activities. The ability to work in both an academic and co-curricular culture is essential.
1) Ability to work collaboratively and in an entrepreneurial fashion to develop and build programs, with experience in grant writing.
2) Experience coordinating campus-wide programs.
3) Experience with outreach to organizations outside of campus.
4) Doctorate degree
Primary Responsibilities of the Director include:
1) Provide leadership for building the Wilks Leadership Institute activities, including academic courses, a lecture series, and a co-curricular leadership academy.
2) Exercise collaborative leadership across academic and student affairs divisions to develop, promote, and coordinate leadership coursework, lectures, workshops, experiential opportunities, and research to support and sustain a broad university understanding of, and commitment to, educating transformational leaders.
3) Chair the campus committee on student leadership programs and facilitate existing and future leadership programs to enhance and create synergy throughout the university. Engage staff, faculty, students, and other partners in long-range planning, program development, and evaluation of leadership programs across the university.
4) Extend external funding for the Wilks Leadership Institute and other campus leadership programs through grants, stewardship, and fundraising.
5) Maintain and foster donor relations.
6) Supervise and evaluate staff.
7) Exercise fiscal responsibility and budget authority.
To Apply, visit https://www.miamiujobs.com/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1306326545798 or click here.