Deadline: August 1, 2011
The ILA is pleased to partner with The Jepson School of Leadership Studies at the University of Richmond on the 2011 Fredric M. Jablin Doctoral Dissertation Award. This award is given annually to a scholar whose doctoral dissertation research, while on any topic and from any discipline, demonstrates substantial insights and implications for the study of leadership. The award was established to honor and celebrate the life of Dr. Fredric M. Jablin (1952-2004).
In order to be eligible for the award competition, a doctoral dissertation must be completed between August 1, 2009 and August 1, 2011. The 2011 recipient will be honored at the ILA’s annual Global Conference, October 26-29, 2011 in London where the recipient will be asked to present their doctoral dissertation research.
The recipient of the award will receive the following:
• $1,000 prize
• Travel expenses to the ILA conference October 26-29, 2011 in London, U.K.
• Complimentary one year membership to the ILA
• Complimentary ILA conference registration
Applicants must submit by August 1, 2011 the following materials:
• a letter of interest,
• 3-5 page abstract of a substantive doctoral dissertation chapter (specifically, the chapter that best represents the doctoral dissertation),
• brief biography, and
• verification of the dissertation defense date (e.g., a letter from the dissertation advisor).
Candidates should e-mail submission materials as attachments to email@example.com. Please do NOT send the dissertation. The award committee will contact semi-finalists in August to request a full doctoral dissertation chapter.
Links to past winners are available at: http://www.ila-net.org/Awards/Jablin/index.htm